The QTS Engineering, Inc. Wizard Stencil Stretch Frame System is an innovative approach to stencil mounting, tensioning, and storage, designed to save time, costs, shipping, and waste over the old labor-intensive industry method of assembling custom cast aluminum or tubular frames and stencil foils.
Ideal for high product mix environments and contract manufacturers, the Wizard system is a quick and efficient way of changing stencils and tensioning them in moments using simple, adaptable components and readily-available shop air (compressed). The system consists of two frame components plus the stencil foil, and occasionally a Universal Adapter when needed.
The first frame is a patented molded plastic Container Frame that firmly holds the stencil foil for handling, mounting, and space-saving storage. 64 to 80 contact points securely hold the foil stencil in place. The Container Frame protects the technician from injuries during handling of the stencil foil’s razor sharp edges. When ready to mount for printing, the Container Frame and stencil foil are mounted in the adjustable QTS Engineering, Inc. Wizard Stencil Stretch Frame, a durable, lightweight aluminum frame assembly designed to accept the Container Frame and stencil and provide user-adjustable stencil tension in all directions. Compressed air at 50-110 PSI is applied (similar to filling a bike tire) by the user and the stencil instantly tensions. Stencil tension can be increased or decreased easily with the amount of air pressure applied.
The Wizard system requires less storage space (since stencil foils can be stored in their compact plastic Container Frames) and eliminates the need for epoxy bonding of the stencil foil to a cast frame, waiting for extended epoxy cure times, etc. Shipping costs are lower since large cast or welded frames don’t need to be shipped with the stencil foils, and due to its design, greater clearance allows for a larger board image area. Container Frames are available in three sizes and three types of plastic composition for specific applications.
- Significant Cost Savings – just order stencils with the plastic Container Frame from your stencil manufacturer.
- Larger available printing area.
- No need to epoxy stencil foils to frames – big time savings and no mess.
- Dramatically reduces storage space requirements – no big, bulky cast frames to store.
- Slashes shipping charges - Container frame and foil weigh less than 1 lb.!
- Fast turnaround time.
- Eliminates need to return used frame castings (Save time and shipping $$$).
- Quick setup time - Stencils can be changed in less than a minute, without tools.
- Container Frame with stencil is machine washable.
- Stencil tension can be Increased or Decreased easily with the amount of air pressure used.
- 28 contact points between the Container Frame to the stencil ensures a secure connection to the stencil.
- Greater clearance allows for larger board image area.
- Fits standard industrial adapter frames with a 21 and 21.5 bolt pattern.